Monday, August 29, 2011

"We went skydiving" you know the Tim McGraw song :)

Breakfast fit for Champions
Loosening up before the big jump!!
We have been so busy this weekend working, I completely forgot to blog about our amazing skydiving adventure!!!  It was sooooo incredible! But, I shall start from the beginning. I worked Thursday night (Hayley didn't sleep much either), so when I got off, we decided to first head to eat a breakfast for champions (since we were about to conquer the sky and all). We headed to Black Bear Diner where we both had a new york strip, breakfast potatoes, fresh fruit and a HUGE biscuit! Exactly what I was wanting! All that was missing was some cheese grits! Oh well, on to Skydiving.
Hayley and Rafeal
Me and R2
Me Free Falling

Hayley Free Falling
We plugged the address into the GPS, and of course, got lost heading there. I ended up calling the place and his first words were: "take the gps, roll down your window, and throw it out." Geez, what a comedian. We finally made it, only took about 45 minutes, and paid for our skydiving adventure. No turning back now. We met our tandem instructors (our lives were in their hands). Mine was R2, guess he's a star wars fan, and Hayley's was Rafeal, from Brazil. Actually he never told us his name, but it could have been Rafeal, right? Anyway, we met them, got suited up, and headed to wait for the plane. Oh yeah during the meet and greet part, we also signed our life away. So we piled into the plane, a true "crop duster" as Hayley would say, and headed up to 13,000 ft above sea level! It got cold up there! Of course R2 and I were the first to jump, so the two of us and my camera guy headed to the edge to look out. If I was afraid of heights, I might have passed out!  Then 1-2-3 JUMP! We were out and completely free falling to our doom. It was the most amazing feeling I have ever felt!  After about a minute, the parachute came out and we just floated to the ground.  I even to got steer a little!  The landing was even fun. Landed straight on my bum. I can't say for sure what Hayley thought, but since we both couldn't stop talking about it the whole way home, I'd say she loved it just as much as I did!
Can't wait for our next adventure to Yosemite!!!

Hayley and Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. Roomie!! This looks so super fun and exciting!!! I am so glad you are getting to do crazy adventurous stuff!!

    ReplyDelete