Saturday, June 9, 2012

Happy June 7!!

June 7th was a day of firsts and happiness! Okay, so not the "happiness" and "firsts" some people would think of. Our happiness was finally moving into a condo with airconditioning and our firsts was cooking veggie lasagna and baking an apple pie :) Not as exciting as you would have hoped I'm sure. First off moving into our new condo. On wednesday we got our keys to the new place (only two doors down from the original), but we were too tired to move on Wednesday, so Thursday it was time for the big move! I packed up all my stuff and headed the long 10 feet to our new A/C!! Next it was time to pack up all the food and bring it over! Next it was time to clean, and I decided we would wait and clean another day!

So now onto our firsts...So our new friend Reggie's (travel nurse in the ED) birthday was yesterday, but since he had to work day shift and we had to work night shift, Hayley and I decided to fix him a birthday dinner with desert. Now he is a vegetarian, so we had to come up with something non-meat. Hayley decided to cook veggie lasagna! She did a good job too if I do say so myself! Reggie's favorite desert is apple pie, so my lovely mother gave me a good recipe for a homemade apple crumble pie. I did a good job too if I do say so myself, haha. So we had a little birthday party on Thursday night in our new home, with our new friends, and our first veggie dinner and apple pie and we were all very happy! I'd say it was a good day overall!

Well, until next time!

Hayley and Lizzy

1 comment:

  1. Still waiting on your call about that NP job! lol enjoy gals!

    ReplyDelete