Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Been A While, But We Have an Excuse….

So, we moved into our apartment last Friday, and when I called to connect the internet, they said it would be March 23 before they could set it up!  That’s right, I said March 23 (tomorrow)!!!  We have been 5 days without internet and it has been horrible!  We don’t have a TV either so imagine no TV or internet for 5 days!  I don’t know how they did it in the 19th etc centuries!  There is only so much to talk about ya know!  I  was talking with my friend Jose today, and he mentioned we haven’t updated our blog in almost a week, so I’m sitting on our couch typing this up in Microsoft Word (trying to keep myself busy as Hayley is at work), and then I’ll walk up to the Leasing office, where there is free wi-fy, and upload this to our blog. So here goes another long entry, sorry……..

Thursday, March 17, 2011
Hayley’s amazing father O.C. volunteered to drive my car out here and arrived Thursday afternoon about 2 hours after our final day of hospital orientation.  In that orientation, one of our teacher’s Matt, asked Hayley and me where we were from, so I pointed to my AU scrubs to give him a hint and he said “Tennessee??”  What TN?  I immediately said “Where do you think Auburn is?”  He looked puzzled and I said “come on, the National Champions!”  He thought I was talking about basketball!!  Holy Moly, is he from Mars?!  The other teacher explained to us he was from Canada!  Whew!  Little bit of a relief since he doesn’t even know what American Football is!  Okay, so that’s the most exciting thing that happened during orientation.  Once Hayley’s dad arrived, we showed him our pictures from the past weekend and decided on a BBQ place to eat.  Said it was voted best BBQ in Phoenix! I wasn’t smart to look at its hours.  So we drove all the way there (about 30 minutes) for it to close at 3pm!  So anyways, good ole Kieren was there to help us out and we found a restaurant near by called Boston’s.  It was pretty good!  Then it was back to hotel and off to sleep!

Friday, March 18, 2011 Moving Day!!!
We finally were able to move into the apartment!  YAY, no more living out of a suitcase!  We woke up, ate breakfast and began to pack the car.  Wow, who knew we had that much stuff, along with all the things our mom’s sent with her dad.  Wish I had taken a picture of Cammie (my Camry-we name everything).  She was packed so full Hayley could barely see to drive.  Good thing the apt was only 7 miles from the hotel.  So anyway, we unpacked the car, and then Hayley and I were off to get our AZ licenses, groceries (found an AMAZING new ice cream flavor), and a few odds and ends for the apt before Hayley need to get home and take a nap before work.  While we were gone, O.C. made some friends in the apt complex and bought us a TV for $25.  Once we took Hayley to work, O.C. worked on getting that TV to work for hours! He even went back to that lady’s apt and got a VCR. We tried hooking up the Wii, but never could get it to show up on the screen.  I headed on to bed and watched Morning Glory (rate it a 9/10).

Saturday, March 19, 2011
house in our apt neighborhood
On the Apache Trail
I had to work today, so I slept in, but Hayley and her dad went to the Apache Trail and to a place called Rawhide.  It’s a restaurant that is like a small western town.  They told me it was cool.  They watched a gunshow, and an animal show, where animals (horses, pigs etc…) were taught tricks like bowing and such.  Hayley’s going to have to go back with  me J.   So, during the day, to pass the time, I went for a walk in our neighborhood and found some interesting front yards. I came home and took a nap, then got ready for work.  I walked to work with it only took about 30 minutes, so I will probably walk to and from work until it gets too hot!  (BTW, the TV was in black and white and the picture was all messed up so O.C. took it back to the lady, and we are still without a TV :(

Sunday, March 20, 2011
I was getting off work and ready to walk home when I saw O.C. there in the parking lot ready to pick me up.  How sweet!  So I came home to sleep.  When I woke up, they were off to a Gunshow at the University of  Phoenix stadium where Auburn did it big, War Eagle (sorry had to throw it in), and then they went to this cool outdoor shopping center, where they ate lunch at Margaritaville.  MMMmm good!  So anyway, they came home ,I was up at the leasing office playing on the internet.  While there, a little boy (about 10) came up to me and started asking if I had any games on my computer.  Somehow, we ended up playing tic-tac-toe on some game website for kids, and when Hayley came to find me she gave me this crazy look!  I’m supposed to be meeting people our age not kids that I could babysit.  Oh well, at least I’ve made a friend J Anyway, Hayley met another traveler the first night she worked named Dede, who lives in our same apt complex, so we picked her up on the way to work. At least one of us makes friends our age!  I dropped them off, then went to Walmart to find an egg crate for my bed, because I can feel the springs in the mattress and it is seriously hurting my back!  Found one for $9, SCORE! I also rented Wallstreet: Money Never Talks (rate it a 8.7/10) for my movie tonight.

Monday, March 21, 2011 O.C.’s Departure
Well, today is the day that O.C. left.  I really hope he enjoyed his stay and we didn’t keep him too bored!  After we dropped him off at the airport we headed back and just lied around for a couple of hours.  We then decided to head back to that outdoor shopping center for dinner.  We got there and it was raining so we found a restaurant that had a happy hour, ½ off drinks and appetizers from 4:00-6:30pm so that’s where we went.  We made friends with our waiter, Alex, as well as the manager John.  They had a mechanical bull, so of course I had to ride it!  We split a prime rib for dinner (it was 14 oz!!) and had a wonderful time watching country music videos, and other people riding the bull.  Once we got our check we told Alex we would be back and definitely ask for him again, he was too sweet (as was his cute girlfriend he introduced us too).  So we came home and CRASHED!

Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Only one more day until we have internet in our apartment!  YES, I’m dying!  We lounged around most of the day.  Hayley had to work tonight and I work the next 2 nights.  I went to Redbox tonight and got 2 movies to watch: How Do You Know, and Unstoppable.  Will give you my ratings on the next blog. I also drove around looking for a place for dinner, as I am tired of cereal and turkey/cheese sandwiches and found CHICK-FIL-A, and drum role please…..they had SWEET TEA!  It wasn’t Alabama sweet tea, but it will do for now!  I also got our schedule to bring home (we self schedule) once I dropped Hayley off at work.  Hoping we can be on the same weekend, we are going to try and schedule 6 days on and 8 days off, so if anyone want to come visit, hopefully we will have 8 days off twice a month so feel free to come on!!  I talked to by friend Leah, and we have already scheduled a time for her to come visit!  YAY!  Well, that’s all for now.  Sorry for being so long!  Hopefully this will be the last time an entry will be this long!  And hopefully I can make each blog interesting to read J  We miss you all!  Have a wonderful week!

~Hayley and Elizabeth~

No comments:

Post a Comment