Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Nothing New in the Past Week

So this past week/weekend hasn't been to exciting.  We've both been working opposite schedules and have had only Sunday off together!  However, I have been able to watch a lot of movies :)  In the last blog I was going to watch "How Do You Know" and "Unstoppable" and give you my ratings. Here they are: I'm not much of a "chick-flick" kind of girl, but as far as those movies go, "How..." was pretty good.  Reese Witherspoon was cute hilarious as usual, but she was a little to clean cut, and Paul Rudd's strangeness got annoying after a while. I'll rate it a solid 7/10  "Unstoppable." however, was action-packed and very exciting, plus is was based on true events!  Denzel Washington never let's me down and Chris Pine is pretty cute :)  I'll give it a 9.4/10!  Two other movies I have recently watched are "Burlesque" and "Due Date."  Okay, so I'm a HUGE Christina Aguilera fan,   I'm not really a "musical" fan, but it had a good story and she, of course, belted it out like no other!  It also had one of the doctors from ER (one of my fav shows of all time).  I'm going to give it a big fat 10/10!!!!  I watched "Due Date" tonight.  It was pretty funny, up there with "The Hangover." Parts were crude (not for children, mainly language), but I actually laughed out loud with some of the scenes!  I'll give it a perky 9/10.  Maybe if nursing doesn't workout for me, I'll become a movie critic. Move over Roger Ebert!!

Sunday was a BEAUTIFUL day and Hayley and I decided to layout by the pool.  It was perfect weather: mid-70's, not a cloud in the sky, and a slight breeze coming from the east.  After laying out for 2 hours, and NOT getting burnt, we got cleaned up and headed to dinner at Hayashi, a japanese steak house.  I introduced Hayley to spicy tuna rolls, and I think she like them!

So, both Hayley and I have been told we have a southern accent.  Yes, surprise, surprise.  But no one has yet to guess we are from Alabama.  We've gotten Tennessee (as seen in a previous post), one of the Carolina's, and TEXAS.  I know I don't sound like I'm from Texas!  Every patient I've had has said "you aren't from here are you.  So, I guess my accent is thicker than I thought.

We've been walking to and from work everyday!  It's about a 30 minute walk. I'm kind of proud!  That's more exercise in the past week than I've had in the past 3 months. Well I guess that's all I can come up with at 2:42 in the morning.  We are heading to San Diego next week, so that should be a fun blog! Hope all is well with ya'll, and have a great week!

~Hayley and Elizabeth~

No comments:

Post a Comment